Start Your Morning Off Right







Ways to Start your Morning off Right

Mornings; you either love 'em or hate 'em, there's usually no in-between. I happen to fall into the 'love 'em' category; There's just something about the fresh, crisp morning air and the way the sun shines and the sky looks that you just can't beat.

I am aware that morning are difficult for many people, and trust me, I used to not give a crap about the sun, sky or the air and just wanted my blinds closed and my face in a pillow till 12pm, however with having to get up early for school, it just became a habit and now I naturally wake up at 7/8am.

I can't give you tips on how to become a morning person because you either are or you aren't and it really is just routine that finally turns into a habit, but if you are one of those people that does wake up early enough, but then lays in bed for another 2 hrs scrolling through every app on their phone an million times, I have a few things that I do, that may help you just get up and go and have the best morning ever!



When you Wake Up, Get Up!

@henneron59000 via WeHeartIt

Okay, so, you're probably like..wtf obviously that's the most difficult part, and I know, trust me, I know, and I agree. Actually getting out from under your warm covers into the freezer that is your bedroom is hard, very, but you just have to do it. Try keeping your phone away from your bed, so you can't just roll onto your side and start scrolling and keep something warm next to your bed like a blanket, hoodie or sweater that you can just throw on the second you get up. I know it's hard, but trust me when you actually wake up early and actually get up, you will feel so so so much better and more productive.



Make Your Bed and Open a Window!

                             
 from WeHeartIt

The second you get out of bed, make your bed and then open a window. Making your bed first thing in the morning apparently is supposed to make you more productive since you feel like you've already completed your first task of the day, I don't know about that but I hate having an undone bed because it just makes my room feel messy and that annoys me.
I also like opening a window, because 1. I like the fresh crisp air and 2. Your room can get stuffy during the night, so letting in the cold air can help freshen the room up but also will wake you up because the cold tends to do that.



Drink Some Water

from WeHeartIt

I always drink some water straight after waking up and before eating breakfast.
To be honest, I don't know why because I'm not necessarily thirsty when I wake up, but I feel like I just have to you know..? Although, sometimes when I wake up I'm not very hungry, but after drinking water, I feel hungrier .. which I guess is good? I don't know, DRINK WATER KIDS !!



Make a Healthy Nutritious Breakfast and Enjoy it

from WeHeartIt

Some people prefer washing their face and what not before eating, personally I like having breakfast first because I usually wake up very hungry, but if your prefer it the other way, do that.
 I enjoy having oatmeal with various topping, or the basic avocado toast with a side of something else if  I'm very hungry, then going back to my room, sitting on my bed or at my desk and catching up on some YouTube videos. 
I think sitting, while doing something you enjoy and genuinely enjoying your food along with a cup of tea or coffee instead of hurrying it down makes for a much better morning. we often rush through our food in the mornings or just grab something quick to eat, but if you have time putting more effort into your breakfast and relaxing first thing is very nice and puts me in a much better mood.



Excersise



You may not like it, but it does make you feel productive af and like you can conquer the entire world.
I don't exercise every morning but I do notice that on the mornings I do, feel so much better and much more happy, productive and energised. It's annoying, I know but it is so worth it!



Shower, Clean Up, Dress Up

from WeHeartIt
If I worked out, I take a shower afterwards, if not I just wash my face, brush my teeth, do my make up and hair and get dressed. Not much else to say really, its pretty basic, pretty regular.
I will say however, get dressed even if you are not going anywhere. Some days all you will want to do is stay in your comfy PJ's and that's fine, but don't do this every day.
Getting dressed and changing your clothes from the ones you slept in, even if it is into other comfy clothes, is so important because if you don't you can feel  like being lazy and slumpy the entire day, at least that is how it is for me but when I get on some different clothes, I just feel better.



Do Something you Like/What you Need to do




Do what needs to be done, if you have school work, like assignments or maybe you need to study for an exam, do it in the morning. Just be productive and get your stuff done early in the day to be able to enjoy the rest of your day to the fullest.
Or maybe you have nothing to get done, so read a book, journal, draw, go out and take photos, play with your pets or call a friend or parent, someone you enjoy talking to that you know will up lift your mood, just enjoy yourself. 



Hope you all enjoyed this post, and hopefully this will help you get up and go in the mornings!

Please feel free to share in the comments something that you do in the mornings that helps you be more productive if you wish!


Thank you for Reading!





Comments

  1. This article was also interesting and helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it helpful! Thank you:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts