Last Minute Valentine's Day Gift Ideas


Last Minute Valentine's Day Gift Ideas


It's the 13th February, so you may be wondering why I'm writing this post now, a little late don't you think? But there is always that one person who leaves their gift getting for the last minute. Whether it be for Christmas, a birthday or Valentines Day, so I'm here to help you out with a list of last minute gift ideas for you S.O, best friend, crush or family member.
I think a gift, no matter what for, should always be personal to the person to whom you give it to, those are always the best kinds of gifts to give and receive, because nothing really beats a huge smile on the face of the person you're giving it to.



A Bouquet of Roses and A Box of their Favourite Chocolates

A classic, but there's a reason it's a classic. Most people love flowers, especially if it's their favourite kind, add some chocolates and maybe even a teddy bear if you're feeling fancy and you have a gift to make anyone happy, a day before Valentine's Day shouldn't be too difficult to get a hold off all this right? To make it more personal, try adding a card or note, something hand written that really comes from the heart to show your love to who ever the gift is for. Personally I love hand written notes, it's very special and specific to the person.

Picture via WeHeartIt


A Flower Necklace

I can't take credit for this idea and unfortunately I don't know who to credit but, It's something I saw when scrolling through Instagram this morning and I think it's an amazing idea. The picture I saw had a girl, wearing a rose necklace. The caption said "He knows I hate when the flowers he gives me die, so he got me a rose necklace that will last forever" I think this is incredibly sweet and sentimental. It's also quite personal to the girl because it is based on her sadness regarding the flowers he gives her. It doesn't have to be a rose, or a necklace. It can be her favourite flower as a bracelet or a ring.

 
A GIANT Teddy Bear

Okay. Now I'm only including this because honestly, personal preference. I have wanted a gigantic teddy bear for as long as I can remember, I finally got one for last years Valentines day and can I just say it was the best present I have ever gotten. Yes it takes up an incredible amount of space, but honestly, if you're going to buy a teddy bear anyway, why not go all out with a 6ft one?


A Gift Box

Not a generic Valentine's gift box that you can buy at a store already pre packaged, because chances are, there's maybe only one thing in there that they will actually use. If you have got more time to spare, then why not go around the city, town or village and gather a bunch of items that you know the person want's and loves and put them all in a nicely decorated basket or gift box. Add a card, maybe a few balloons, champagne? and there you have it, a personalised gift that they will surely love. Some ideas for what to put in the box would be, bath/shower products, makeup or skincare, sweet treats or salty if that's what they prefer. Movies to watch together or CD's and records by their favourite artists. Anything you know they will be happy to receive.


A Simple Home Made Dinner or A Picnic

Who says you even have to spend money? The best things in life are free, even if you need to pay for the food you make. It doesn't get more personal then doing something together that you will both love. Experiences matter much more than items ever will. Spend time together, go for a drive, look out over the city or enjoy chocolate covered strawberries while looking at the sunset. Make it a day to remember and I guarantee that they will appreciate you for it. You can still ad flowers or balloons if you wish, to make it extra special, but all you really need is each other.


I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your friends, family, significant other or even by yourself, because there's no shame in treating yourself to chocolate covered strawberries and champagne once in a while.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. That's a really thoughtful blog post.

    If you've time, would you mind checking out my blog - www.theblogchoseme.blogspot.in

    It would mean a lot :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts